Friday, November 20, 2009

Necklace Keeper

I LOOOOVE watching DulceCandy87's youtube videos and reading her blog. She has a bedroom/closet to die for and she always does hauls with the cutest clothing and fashion accessories. Soooo, Candy has a wall full of necklaces which is what inspired my idea to create something similar.

I had an old bulletin board that I had spray painted the borders yellow. I took an old magazine out and tore out pages that I thought were colorful and had cool images. I tore the pages into small pieces. I used Mod Podge to adhear the small pieces of paper on to the border. Once I was done glueing the pieces on the border, I went over the border one more time with a coat of Mod Podge to seal the paper.

I then took clear thumbtacks and placed them about 2.5 inches apart, creating two rows.

Below is my finished piece.








No comments: