Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Kiewit's 2010 District Meeting in Omaha, NE (Day 2: 2/26/10)

I was supposed to attend a tour of Borsheim's jewelry store with the other Kiewit wives, but I decided that I was gonna do my own thing. I slept in a little and then got ready and hit the Hilton spa. Yes, the spa! I went and got my first ever massage. How lame is it that I got my first massage at the ripe old age of 31? LAME indeed. Needless to say, it was awesome!

After, I caught the shuttle to what is called the Old Market. There were a bunch of little shops and botiques to visit. I did have a little money to blow, but after seeing the prices...well, let's say I was no longer in the spending mood! LOL. I did enjoy my day window shopping and viewing the Old Market. It was a good day.

The pictures below were taken at the Old Market. The space is actually between two buildings and has been enclosed and turned into an indoor walk. It was really pretty.




Later that night...

I didn't get any photos :-(, but Kiewit hosted a Battle of the Bands show. There were 5 groups representing 4 districts competing in a Rock Band type of competition. It was really cool. There was an assortment of finger food, free drinks (yay!) and good company. Fortunately, Pete was in a better mood this night and we hung around and socialized with other Kiewit co-workers and wives. :-) We BOTH had a great time!

(Me ready for the Battle of the Bands)

Shortly before the free drinks ended (11:30 p.m.) we headed to our room to finish that bottle of wine that was gifted to us and... ;-)

No comments: