Monday, June 21, 2010

Signing Off - Cold Turkey!

Last week I deleted my myspace account. Yeah, I know, myspace is sooooo yesterday, right? Well, this morning, on a whim, I deactivated my facebook account as well (not that anyone will miss me or notice that I am gone).

Too often, I find myself picking my iPhone up and checking my facebook account. It's an impulse.  A bad, nasty habit. And I ask myself, why? Who the hell do I really need to check on? Whose status update is REALLY that important? Hell, most of the time, I find that the shit people post on facebook is flat out ANNOYING. Do I really give a damn how tired you are? Bitch, if you didn't want your feet to swell or your belly to grow, then why the hell did you get pregnant? Quit your belly aching already, people! Oh, and my biggest peeve is when people post their prayers to God via Facebook. Are you fucking serious?!! First of all, quit asking for shit! Seriously. That is really annoying. Secondly, do you think the Big Man up above is really sitting at his computer, performing miracles because your Facebook posts asked for it to be so? Get a fucking life. Although I am not religious, I like to consider myself spiritual and I am sure that there are better ways to reach out to God other than a stupid post on a social networking website.

I have decided to dedicate my Facebook time to my blog instead. Not that posting on my blog makes me better than the next Facebook addict (I obviously left FB because I was addicted), but I like to think that I brought some smiles and laughs to my fellow FB addicts with my funny, witty posts.

With this said, I hope to start giving my blog more attention and love (not that anyone even reads this blog, but it's all good, I do it for my own theraputic reasons).

No comments: